Thursday, May 30, 2013

Give it up!

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

I have read that verse all my life. It means far more than just physically burdened.  It includes emotionally and spiritually as well.  And at this stage of my life I have learned to put my trust and faith and  whatever else I have in the One who is ALWAYS there.  The One who never let's me down. All I have to do is admit I need help. Earlier in my life I thought I could do it all myself. I thought I was putting it in his hands but my awesome Bible Study group years ago pointed out that I continued to hold on to a piece of whatever the problem was.  Thinking, I supposed, that if God didn't do it to my liking I would take over.  HAH!!! I won't say I learned the hard way, but it took me long enough to Let Go and Let God. But that is my manta these days.  Wow!  What took me so long?  Didn't He tell me over and over that He knew best for me?  That he had all the facts and I was fooling myself?  Well, I know it now and life, although still  has its moments of course, is in His hands!  WHEW!  How peaceful, how joyful, how wonderful!  I can do all all things BECAUSE He is with me...always! Every second! Rejoicing with me in the absolute wonder of life and His blessings...which are way too many to count!  AMEN!!!  >^.^< 

No comments: