Thursday, May 16, 2013

Purrrr-fect comfort!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.  
2 Corinthians 1:3-5

 One of our old cats years ago was always purring. I asked the Vet about it and she said that was the cat's way of comforting itself. Interesting I thought. Recently I found something out about me...imagine that...  I hum when I am hurting. Strange no?  And I was doing it without even realizing it.  I have always been a hummer.  Ask Chris Crumpler. When he was a kid he was always teasing me about humming in church. (That was just to save the congregation from my awful singing.) But now I realize when I do it it's for comfort.  Gets my mind off the pain. But Prayer is my real comfort. It's like putting on a nice warm blanket and just letting all the stress, etc, drain out. And it's a constant thing. A running dialogue with the One that never gets tired of listening, always there ready to listen. My friend Jim Tillson told me one time prayer is like being on the back porch with God. And you know how much I love  the back porch. Comfort. We all need it from time to time. Purring, prayer, porch...it's all the same.  And the comfort all comes from the Great Comforter.  HE never gets it wrong...WOW!  Blessings blessings blessings my friends!!!  >^.^<

No comments: