Thursday, June 13, 2013

New bones!


The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your needs in parched places, and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden.
- Isaiah 58:11 (NRSV).

The make your bones strong of course jumped out at me this morning. One of my major health dilemmas is my weak bones as a result of 15 years of steroids I have taken to keep me alive because I have Addison's Disease. It sucks the life put of bones, hair, nails, skin...but keeps life in the rest of me. Praise God!!!  I cannot dwell on the negative because the positive is so wonderful. So it is with the negatives in life. They will suck the life out of your LIFE if you let them. Wouldn't it be much better to concentrate on what you have to enjoy and live for?  I always tell people that I am so blessed. They look at me in my condition and question me in their mind. But I am serious. I am still walking (not pretty but walking!). One day a girl asked me what I will say and do when I am NOT walking. I said I will use my really cool wheelchair. And say "Hey! I have the coolest wheelchair! It's red and black and white plaid.  Wanna race???"  And I am serious. I have learned life is short and I want to make the most of it and ENJOY IT...NOW!!!  That is what God wants for me. He wants me to be Happy Happy Happy! To quote Phil Robertson!! Make today the best you can. The more you put on your happy face the easier it becomes to wear it permanently and mean it!!! It's your life...Just Sayin' Blessings my friend! >^.^<  

No comments: