Saturday, June 25, 2016

Re-Gifting

Re-Gifting

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12

Regifting is frowned upon….usually. However did you ever stop to think  we are SUPPOSED to Regift some gifts? Like the grace and love and encouragement we get from God!  He gives us those gifts continually in hopes we WILL regift them!  It is our duty to pass on the love God gives us so freely to those we encounter that are in need. A warm smile to a passing stranger can do wonders….for both of you. Encouragement to a child or a senior citizen having basic life problems. And believe me I've been on the receiving end of this one. I have walking issues and nothing warms my heart more or makes me feel better than when a stranger goes the extra mile to help me walk, or get my walker out of the car or groceries In the car or navigate a curb. I must admit I am not too shy to ask for the help either. One true story on this line that I have always loved: I had been grocery shopping and was at the back of my car getting all the bags transferred to my trunk. My sons and families were coming that weekend so I had bought a 24 pack of beer. A nice young man in the store helped me get it in my basket but now I had to get it in the car.  I looked around and spied 3 young men laughing and talking headed my way.  I motioned to them and they came right over. I asked if they could please put the beer in my car. They said of course and were so sweet. As they closed the truck I thanked them and said I was so happy to provide them with a good story to retell….helping an old crippled lady get her beer in the car!  They looked at me very soberly then burst out laughing and one of them Said ,”That's exactly what I was thinking!”  The Joy of life is out there my friends. The world is your glass and it is way more than half full!  So enjoy every minute of it. 🌸🙏AMEN & AMEN!🙏🌸 

No comments: